Welcome
Welcome to Warcraft Underground!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Problems

News and announcements that are considered vital to the site is posted here. This section also displays the site rules in the form of a sticky.

Problems

Postby Henry » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Hello Warcraft Underground.
The last 5-6 months ive been busy with my work and i had no time to open my computer or even contribute to out community.
I noticed that our forum has been broken , most of the downloads are not even working, i'm not 100% sure what caused this problem, but i don't have the time to fix it , or maybe most of them are gone forever.
Anyway , my point here is that this host : freeforums.org is old now and slowly i believe is falling down.
I want to say sorry to all of our active members here for not being online.

I have a request , if some one is willing to build a new home for us , a new website , i can cover it with my
own money , bur like i said i don't have the time to build it again from 0 .
If some one is willing to help , i will really appreciate it.

Best Regards -Henry .
Henry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems

Postby Giliras » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:25 pm

What about Chaos Realm? Isn't Chaos Realm sort of yours, or partner in a way? I dont know since I never used it, but someone told me something similar.
Giliras
Social & Map Moderator
Social & Map Moderator

Highscores: 1

Postby Henry » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Giliras wrote:What about Chaos Realm? Isn't Chaos Realm sort of yours, or partner in a way? I dont know since I never used it, but someone told me something similar.

No, we had some partnership years ago , but No .
Henry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby orapa666 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:05 pm

Anyone here knows how to run a forum and his name is not Henry?
I know how to make a forum on some free forum hosting site, make subforums and all that easy stuff... but not much else...
And most of the free forums have small storage capacity :(
Come on guys
:(
orapa666
Footman
Footman

Postby kantarion » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Hello Henry , glad to see you and that you are back . I was kinda touched with your speech , was very honest from you .
During to those problems we are facing with, i see 2 possibiltys : 1.Create a new site as our new home 2.Ask for official azil on hiveworkshop

I see the bigger picture about whole wc3 community . This community is basically prefering wow,hots,sc2asset/wc3 modeling . Hive prefers stability,order,programming , they are way more advanced in those area than any other community . In our area we are the best!

The renesance of warcaft 3 world community can be born , a true Rebirth . On the other hand we can face a non-hostile enviorment like orcs did in a new world .

We could get ask for our corner in hiveworkshop , but in a same time we would be under their patronate...They literally hate us , the way we talk ,the way we think . What about postings ? For example 1 wow model can weight 20 MB with textures and png screenshot . That is like 30 of hive models ?

But as i said i see a bigger picture,which may be subjective...There can be war in beginign but at the end we may end up in alliance together .

I failed humanity once before...and I will NOT do so again. If you cannot take up this cup, then I shall find another who will.

As mortal armies rush blindly towards their doom, the Burning Shadow comes to consume us all! You must rally the Horde and lead your people to their destiny! Seek me out...
kantarion
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby orapa666 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:46 pm

I have done some thinking... and i had a help from a few friends with this idea....

As much I'd love a new site, that maybe has albums for users, rep, better chat and stuff i dont know how many members would actually transfer to the new site...
So my suggestion is :

Maybe we could stay here... because admin from the freeforums said that some servers are down and thats why we dont have all of our uploads and stuff... and that they will fix it... but thats unlikely as he says that on the support forums every day for months now...
So we could maybe have a mod go through all the topis that don't have working DL links and move them to a new subforum that would be invisible to normal users... that way we could have a backup of all the topics in case freeforums servers really do come back... And then we could start adding all the rips that are gone...

Idk...
VarianSad

@kantarion well if hive would have us and hive us some section in the forums like they have for starcraft 2 that would maybe be OK??? but idk how likely that is to happen xD

P.S. my english sucks, i know!!! I'm too lazy to check for grammar errors and overall bad english... I'm sleepy... so sorry for that
orapa666
Footman
Footman

Postby YourArthas » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:49 pm

tbh hive will just say OMG WOW RIPS NO CREATION SUBSTANDARD YOU USE WOWS ASSETS AND CALL IT A MODEL ....
YourArthas
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby orapa666 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:57 pm

YourArthas wrote:tbh hive will just say OMG WOW RIPS NO CREATION SUBSTANDARD YOU USE WOWS ASSETS AND CALL IT A MODEL ....

Yeah probably xD We could post models on the our subforum tho, not on the models section xD and have our own moderators for our forums xD
imo THE BEST solution would be if we could transfer to some other host... not freeforums...
but then again i know nothing about all this stuff so i could be wrong xD
orapa666
Footman
Footman

Postby Henry » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:59 am

Freeforums.org is not willing to give us WCUnderground's database, so we cannot transfer anything .
Second, we are Warcraft Underground , we are unique in our own way , if we move to an existing site we lose our Name, this is not a good thing .
Like i said , we cannot stay here because we don't have total control of the site , i mean one shtudown of their servers, demolished totally our Community , let's say they fix it , and we return back to normal , but if this happen again ?
Anyway , it seems that not a lot of people care anymore .
Henry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kantarion » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:13 pm

This forum is dead in tehnical way . And yes we can post things using external link and external screenshot. But even some rippers avoid to do rips on external links...

Regular members quit visiting they moved to another wc3 communitys,and new members cant experience our site in proper way .Yes forum can live but in COMA stage,and its coma life would depened on 2-3 rippers and modelers , who may leave wc3 world forever,and thats the end ...

And what if freeforums fix problems and for a year we face the same or worse disaster than this ???

We need a new home definately... But where and who will be the founder ?
kantarion
Rifleman
Rifleman

Next

Return to News & The Site Rules